Each week we’re sold a new ‘weight loss plan’ or ‘revolutionary diet pill’ which guarantees to make us look like a Celebrity…Instead of a crazy life changing diet plan or pill, isn’t there ONE food we can add to our shopping list which has significant health benefits??? Yep, meet the leafy green superfood, KALE!
This ‘Powerhouse of Nutrition‘ is affordable, easy to cook and has staggering health benefits.
Here are 8 reasons why you should eat Kale
1. Nutrient Dense
Kale is packed full of 45 different flavonoids with a variety of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. A single cup of raw kale (about 67 grams or 2.4 ounces) contains:
* Vitamin A: 206% of the RDA (from beta-carotene).
* Vitamin K: 684% of the RDA.
* Vitamin C: 134% of the RDA.
* Vitamin B6: 9% of the RDA.
* Manganese: 26% of the RDA.
* Calcium: 9% of the RDA.
* Copper: 10% of the RDA.
* Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
* Magnesium: 6% of the RDA.
(RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance)
It also contains 3% or more of the RDA for Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Iron and Phosphorus, proving Kale is the number one vegetable to eat on the planet!
2. Antioxidants: This superfood is rich in Vitamin C and A, which are the top two antioxidants in the world. Having a regular intake of these vitamins in your diet is important to counteract the damage caused by free radicals.
3. Detoxification: Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for removing and expelling toxins from the human body.
4. Anti-Inflamatory: The promotion of omega 3 significantly helps the body fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
5. Easy to Cook & Prepare: Kale is one of the healthiest veggies you can put on your plate. Check out this video from Meghan Livingstone who shows how easy it is to prepare raw Kale and add it to other foods for a Super Healthy meal!
6. Heart Health: Due to kale’s ability to naturally produce anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities, it’s marvelous for heart health! Studies have also shown eating kale can drastically lower a persons cholesterol, reducing risks of stroke and heart disease.
7. Cancer Prevention: The nutrient dense, powerhouse chemical ‘glucosinolate’ supports the body in breaking down cancer cells, reducing the risk of cancer in the body and preventing growths from occurring. Cancer now effects 1 in every 3 people! Yikes!!
8. Healthy Vision: Kale contains ‘Lutein’, which is nicknamed ‘the eye vitamin’ and a type of carotenoid antioxidant that is most well-known for protecting eye health better than any other food on the planet!
9. Fat Loss: Kale is low in calories and has zero fat, making it a perfect food for losing those extra pounds! Despite being low in calories, it does contain small amounts of protein and fiber, which are important nutrients for reducing fat.
Kale is an unbelievably nutritious vegetable which is easy to cook, doesn’t break the bank and has significant health benefits. If you’re feeling overwhelmed with how to live a healthier lifestyle, Kale may be a simple addition to get you started.
Smart Fitness offer Free consultations with degree qualified Personal Trainers in Dubai to help you achieve results. Take advantage of our free session and get started today by email or calling: Info@smartfitness.ae | +971 4 438 5055